Some habits are hard to cultivate. Some are easy. It is very important to envision your life around the habit you want to form. For example, if you form a habit to get up everyday at 5 am and go for a walk, try to imagine your life around that habit. Most of the time, we want to create good habits but we fail to recreate life around them. The habit is not so hard to create. Most of the time the real reason is other habits that don’t let you give time to the habit you want to cultivate.
When you can’t do something you are concerned about, resistance begins. And this resistance creates fear and anxiety, stress and emotional imbalance. You fall into the trap of procrastination.
Witness your life around the habit you want in your life. How will the habit affect your rest of the day? Use these 7 proven hacks to improve your life. The last one is a master habit. It will help you create many more habits without effort. Nitaai Breathing and Nitaai Listening will become your core habits in forming other positive habits, without stress and frustration.
1. Identify what stresses you – When you are trying to improve your life, stress management is essential. It becomes necessary to realize what creates stress. Are you overthinking an issue? Are you doing something you are not passionate about? Are you involved in something which creates mental resistance? Is something going against your ethical or moral code? Identify what stresses you and you will know what to do next.
2. Clear your goals – Once you know what creates stress in your life, find out your goals. What are your goals and how can you reach them with the least resistance? What little things can you do each day that won’t make you stressed and impatient? In his book, the Slight Edge, Jeff Olson talks about how little consistent efforts are the key to success in any area of your life. Clarify your goals. Note down the least amount of effort you need to make to stay consistent.
3. Visualize – Visualization is the process of replaying mental pictures of you actually achieving your goals. When you practise Nitaai Breathing or Nitaai Listening, you will be able to access meditative states. There will be so much more you can do to achieve tremendous progress.
Every visualization will bring in new ideas for improvement.
4. Motivate yourself – Nitaai Breathing motivates you. You don’t need any special hack to keep yourself motivated. But of course, stay with your goals. Think about the positive aspects of how your life will be when you achieve them. Think about the positive future and then let go. Do the work and do it with dedication. Do little each day. The little things will motivate you for more each day.
5. Sleep well – Taking good sleep is essential. It is the healing mechanism of your body. If you overwork and overburden your body, burnouts will happen. Your mind won’t want to move ahead. There will be incidents of depression, anxiety, fatigue and frustration. Cognitive functioning might take a hit as well. Sleep well. Make it an important part of your everyday life.
6. Set personal rules – Your rules are yours. Nobody can break them. Nobody should be able to penetrate them because you know better. You made those rules to make sure you achieved the progress you imagined. Your game, your rules. When you give away your decisions in the hands of people, they will dictate your life. Friends asking for a night out? Not your thing? Say no. Speak up. Practise Nitaai Breathing to stay alert and not forget what really matters.
7. Just practice Nitaai Breathing and Nitaai Listening regularly – This a life hack to hack every other life hack. Practise Nitaai Breathing and Nitaai Listening every single day. Do it every morning for a minimum 5-10 minutes. Give yourself some self-love. Take a break from your busy schedule and take back your life. The simple practice of resonating the Nitaai Sound every day will make you humble, kind and mindful. You will be peaceful and happy. You will remain joyful throughout the day.